Saturday, January 21, 2012

Thing 4 - Skype

I think that it is going to be awesome integrating Skype into my lessons.  I am currently reading a novel with my L.A. students that takes place in Neah Bay/Cape Flattery on the northwest tip of the U.S. in the state of WA on and around the Makah Indian Reservation.  I just contacted the principal at the middle/high school there via phone to set up a pen pal program.  Skype will be an asset to this experience for my students, as the will see the Makah culture in real time.  We will see faces, clothing, rituals, classrooms, lessons, foods, dance, song, you name it!  I also plan on trying to get ahold of Will Hobbs, our novel's author, as we read one of his other fabulous books last year in sixth grade; they love him.  




No comments:

Post a Comment