Saturday, January 21, 2012

Thing 5 - Thinkfinity

Letter Generator Letter Generator

Letter Generator will be an awesome activity for my students to utilize for practice a few times then generate their first pen pal letter to a Makah student in Washington.  It provides the proper structure for every part of a business and friendly letter.  With the use of texting, e-mailing, and Facebooking, students are so far out of the realm of knowledgable writing and formating.  Writing and sending letters is not going to become a lost art as long as I am an educator. 

The second activity that I will utilize in my Language Arts classroom, is the "Stapleless Book".   The following is the planning sheet ( I just love a preactivity structure):


The next jung image is of what one of the pages looks like; students choose the format of the page in terms of the image and the text positioning:


My students will be able to go from their story strip to a short book highlighting the six most relevant scenes in specified chapters from our novel.  The can also utilize these books for a vocabulary collection - my vocabulary instruction includes use of context from the story or selection from which the identified words are chosen, their part of speech, a useful synonym for each, and relevant illustration of the word in context.  They just love me!  :)



No comments:

Post a Comment