Wednesday, February 29, 2012

"Thing" 15 - Staying Informed


I love this class!   :)   This iGoogle "thing" is fabulous.  I have such a difficult time finding time to check e-mail and other "stuff" that requires logging in and counting on the web pages loading between classes during the day.  With this, I can have this iGoogle as my homepage with e-mail, our school/district calendar, my to-do list, word of the day for the heck of it in L.A., YouTube for use with my lessons, and weather.com at my disposal all of the time.  I am not sure how it will be useful for student learning yet.  I will have to check in with some of my 21 things classmates and see what their ideas are.  For me, it is going to be awesome; I can have as many of the sites I will need to enhance instruction on one page and change it up whenever I need to.  This will save so much time rather than switching from screen to screen and minimizing and maximizing screens; what a snappy little app!   The fact that creating all of the "things" for this class is so time consuming is not much of an issue anymore.  The hour  &* 1/2 it took me to figure this one out and search for the feeds I needed was time well spent and saves me a ton of time in class and in my weekly planning. 


No comments:

Post a Comment